Motorcycle Insurance in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, there are more than 28,000 registered motorcycles on our roads. Riders in this state have more than 400 miles of beautiful coastline dotted with an endless number of quaint small towns to explore.
Before you get on your bike, however, you need to be sure you meet the requirements to ride. Not only must you have a special license to operate a motorcycle, but you must also have the proper insurance. According to the Rhode Island General Assembly, at a minimum, motorcyclists are required to have limited liability coverage that includes:
- $25,000 for death or bodily injury to one person
- $50,000 for death or bodily injury to two or more persons
- $25,000 for damage or destruction of property
Just because this is the only coverage required, that does not mean it’s the only coverage you should have. Limited liability insurance may not cover the full cost of your injuries or damage from an accident. Additional insurance option for Rhode Island motorcycle riders includes:
- Collision: This will help you repair the damage done to your bike during an accident.
- Comprehensive: This will help pay for damages done to your bike outside an accident, such as those caused by bad weather.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist: This coverage will help pay for your medical needs and damage done to your bike if you are in an accident that is the fault of an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Roadside Assistance: There are many remote roads in Rhode Island, making roadside assistance a good option for motorcycle riders. This coverage will ensure you can get help if you’re stranded on the side of the road or may even help you pay for a rental vehicle.
Do you need coverage for your motorcycle in Rhode Island?
Kingston Insurance Agency LLC in South Kingstown, RI will help put together insurance coverage options to meet your needs. Give our office a call today for more information.