Classic Car Insurance in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, there are more than 13,000 registered antique cars across the state. For many of these drivers, their car is not a source of transportation. Instead, it’s a collectible possession that requires special insurance to keep it protected.
The first thing to keep in mind when properly insuring your classic car is that you will be required to have liability insurance that at a minimum cover:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage
And while you are not required to carry uninsured/underinsured coverage — which will protect you if you should be in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist — it is highly recommended for all car owners.
For classic car owners, the insurance options do not end there. At Kingston Insurance Agency LLC, our expert agents will put together a package to protect your car that can include coverage options such as:
- Coverage for the agreed value of the vehicle
- Specialized repairs or restoration, which can often be significantly higher than that of a regular car
- Car part and component replacements, including hard to find and often expensive parts that will keep your car in classic condition
Classic car coverage — often called collector car coverage — can also protect other specialties, high-value vehicles such as muscle cars and luxury vehicles.
As part of these packages, your vehicle will be subject to some limitations. For example, you may have a mileage limitation on the vehicle, and you may need to prove that the car is being stored properly.
Do you have a classic car in South Kingstown, RI?
Kingston Insurance Agency LLC will help put together a package of the best insurance coverage options to protect your special vehicle. Give our office a call today for more information.