Business Insurance in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, more than 100,000 small businesses employ more than half of our private-sector workforce.
To help protect those businesses and the employees that keep them running, the expert agents at Kingston Insurance Agency LLC in South Kingstown, RI want to help business owners find the insurance coverage that best meets their needs.
Your Commercial Insurance Options
When you are starting a business in Rhode Island, it is important to know your options — and which are required by law. These insurance options include:
- Workers’ compensation: If you own a small business in Rhode Island with one or more employees, you are required by law to have workers’ compensation insurance. This insurance provides coverage for medical care and lost wages to employees who are injured on the job.
- General liability: This insurance — also called commercial liability or business liability — is often required to obtain a commercial property lease. It protects a business should a customer or other visitor to your business be injured on your property or should their property be damaged while they are on your property. Without this insurance, you may be required to pay for any claims out of your own pocket.
- Commercial property insurance: This option will protect your businesses’ physical location — whether you rent or own it — and the property or equipment within the space.
- Business income insurance: If your business has to close due to damage to your property, this insurance can help protect you from lost income.
- Excess liability insurance: Commercial liability insurance — also called umbrella insurance — will add protection in the event of a catastrophic event that isn’t sufficiently covered by your primary insurance.
Get Commercial Insurance Today
These are just some of the policies available to help protect your businesses and employees. At Kingston Insurance Agency LLC in South Kingstown, RI, we can customize insurance packages that meet your organization's needs.